You are here
SpeechDat-Car and VODIS-II
SpeechDat-Car (SDC) is a project(LE4-8334) of the European Community consisting in collecting a database of in-vehicle utterances.
VODIS-II is another project(LE4-8336) of the EC. This project can be seen as a subset of the SpeechDat-Car project, since its goal is to collect in-car utterances. The project aim is to collect utterances for only two languages (Italian and English), while the SDC project includes nine European languages.
Here follows a short description of the SpeechDar-Car project.
The project aims to collect nine speech databases to support training and testing of speech recognizers for in-car applications.
In-car applications contains:
- voice dialing for radiophones in cars
- accessing remote teleservices and voice driven services from car telephones
- controlling car accessories
- car manufacturers: BMW, Fiat, Renault, SEAT-VW
- phone communications operators: Bosch, Alcatel, Knowledge, Lernout & Hauspie, Matra, Nokia, Sonofon, Tawido, Vocalis
- universities: CPK Denmark, DMI Finland, IPSK Germany, SPEX Netherlands, UPC Spain, WCL Greece
- research institutes: ITC-irst
Project Partner - Italian database collection